Sunday, November 21, 2010

Is iPhone going to replace most of my gadgets?

While I was jogging and listening to Geoffrey Moore interview  I realized that I didn't use my iPod anymore... The iPhone did not only  replaced my iPod but also a number of my other gadgets. I don't even carry the extremely light Fujitsu Siemens Loox N100 navigation device which I bought tempted by a review in FT "How to Spend IT" . Google maps does an even better job on my iPhone. My wife is very enthusiast about Navigon navigation, a FREE offer from T-Mobile. I did not have 2GB of left free space to install it and unfortunately have to wait until I get my new iPhone 4, this time with 32GB instead of 16GB. I also use to track my jogging routes  a very convenient application iMapMyRun   allowing  a detailed analysis of my route, speed etc. at home.
Since a few weeks I record my voice notes using the  Evernote application making my Optimus dictaphone obsolete.  I started to use Evernote after watching an excellent presentation of Alex Pachikov responsible for the Evernote business development. This presentation was a part of Stanford iPhone Application Development course. Evernote is a great application and how it impacted my way of dealing with notes is worth of a separate writing.

The skype client converted my iPhone into a skype phone device. I explained to my wife and my two daughters how to use it and during their holidays we all stayed connected - almost for free - between Shanghai, Amsterdam and Santa Barbara.

My iPhone became a mutifunctional device. I wish I had it earlier and saved at least a few hundred Euros.

Could my iPhone be replaced by it's "Android iPhone killer" Samsung Galaxy S.?...



I could not resist buying one to give it a try !

No comments:

Post a Comment