Saturday, December 28, 2013

Euronet ATMs still the worst place for Euro (EUR) Polish Zloty (PLN) exchange.

In my previous post I did not recommend tourists visiting Poland using Euronet ATMs service to convert Zloty (PLN) to Euro (EUR). Hoping that this has changed, over the last two months, I again withdrew Zloty from Euronet's ATM during today's visit in Warsaw. To my disappointment the offered Euro / Zloty exchange rate (1 EUR = 3.73 PLN) was again more than 10% lower than the official bank exchange rate reported by the European Central Bank ( 1 EUR= 4.15 PLN). 

For 500 Zloty I was about to be charged 133.85 EUR. Obviously, despite of a clever program trying to change my mind (see the screenshots below) I did not use Euronet conversion service :) This was a right choice as my bank, ABN-AMRO charged me only 122.06 EUR!

Today the best Euro/Zloty exchange rate was offered by the exchange office "kantor" at Hotel Metropol in Warsaw. Those having Euro in cash could buy 500 Zloty for only 121 Euro.

This is how Euronet offers Zloty withdrawal with Zloty/Euro conversion 



In case you decide to chose the withdrawal without Zloty/Euro conversion Euronet tries to change your mind :)


If you like to know how get most of value from Euro in Poland you might be interested in reading my recent post "Tourists in Poland lose money accepting payments in Euro"

No comments:

Post a Comment