Sunday, February 15, 2015

My 10 month old MacBook Air refused to boot

Last week during my business trip abroad, I started my day with a not working MacBook Air. It just refused to boot. I could see the light on the back side of the monitor and that’s all. This is the last thing you would expect from a 10 month old computer.

On the Internet I could find some magic key combinations helping me to recover it from this frozen state, but nothing worked. The fact that I was one of thousands of MacBook Air users experiencing the same problem did not help with my frustration. I had to give it back to my store for repair and face ca three weeks of waiting time..

I got the impression that the Apple quality is much worse than during its early days, and the fact that it takes so long to solve such a problem is very frustrating. I had to buy a new MacBook Air model and the only positive experience was that Time Machine has fully restored all my data from the Airport Time Capsule.

The recent rumours about Apple entering the car business, and is “working secretly toward creating an Apple-branded electric vehicle” to challenge Tesla sounds like a fairy tale in the context of the quality problems I experienced with my laptop. 

1 comment:

  1. We always refer to the latest information from this article @ Packers and Movers Ahmedabad
    Packers And Movers Ahmedabad to Leh
    <a href="https://packersmoversahmedabad.co.in/packers-and-movers-ahmedabad-to-guntur> Packers And Movers Ahmedabad to Guntur</a>

    ReplyDelete