Sunday, October 21, 2012

Another great running day


This morning was a lovely Indian Summer. I was running at my usual place, a natural park close to Eindhoven.
When I started my run iRunner was reporting unusually high heart rate and, soon after, gave me a warning about malfunctioning sensor. After a few tries the problem was solved and I could continue my run. 
It reminded me about my frustration caused by Suunto T6 heart rate monitor,for which  I paid at the end of 2007 350 Euro ( more than 500 US dollars !),  reporting also unusually high heart rate without, however, any additional information to help identify possible problems. 
Now 5 years later,  for less than 70 dollars (including smartphone application) , you can enjoy much more intelligent heart rate monitors with far more functionality.

Since I received a replacement for my broken Wahoo sensor ( thanks to a very good service from
i-Mobile.nl in Rotterdam) I take two belts for running,  Polar H7 and Wahoo Blue HR, not to spoil my running by a broken  device.

No comments:

Post a Comment